Pages

Wednesday 1 August 2018

My second round - Teaching as Inquiry


Term 3 started well. I am now going to take a group of girls from Room 10
to be my target group for my teaching as inquiry.  

The reason for taking girls from this room is for helping these girls get more
confident in class and be active participants and contributors to class discussions.
At the moment they are very shy and do not participate fully in class discussions
unless asked to.

My Teaching as Inquiry will be in Reading and Writing
I will be focussing on linking reading and writing to help these students read and
write better.

Reciprocal reading and crafting sentences in their regular writing as authors do
will be the focus.

My hunch:
By learning how writers write (through Reading) for readers to enjoy,
students will be able to identify what writers do and use, to make their writing
enjoyable for a wider audience. This may enable students to write in a better way.

My Inquiry question:
Will reading and writing links provide students the awareness of how to craft
sentences to improve their own writing as the authors do?


I am excited to start with the identified group of six girls. The book we will be
reading first is Music, Magic and Imagination by Jill Eggleton. We will read this book as it relates to the topic study we are doing this term.





No comments:

Post a Comment