Pages

Friday 16 March 2018

The process I adopted in my Teaching as Inquiry

I am using the Manaiakalani Teaching as Inquiry Framework as below to work my way through my Inquiry. I am excited to see what difference I can make to the achievement of my target group students from Room 7.




The Process I adopted:
I shared my hunch with Mary Wootton and my Principal Lesley Elia to clarify if it was a good hunch to test: through my inquiry.

My hunch is....
By crafting sentences in their writing very deliberately, students’ writing quality will improve and so will their level of achievement.

Data I have collected or will collect to check my hunch
E-asttle data,  writing sample from End of 2017, student voice (survey)

My Inquiry Question
Will teaching students explicitly to use strategies to craft their sentences, improve the quality of their writing and their achievement level?

Who are my target students?
A group of Y7/Y8 students from Room 7 who have a positive attitude to writing and have a reasonable love for writing, were chosen to be in my target group.  I shared with the students my hunch and my Inquiry question and asked if these students would be interested to be part of my Teaching as inquiry and thereby improve their writing skills and their achievement levels.
The students showed keen interest and enthusiasm to be part of the group.





No comments:

Post a Comment