Pages

Tuesday 12 June 2018


Students in the writing group completed their narratives and provided positive, thoughtful and helpful peer feedback to each other. They were honest in their feedback. I noticed that after receiving feedback from peers, the students wanted clarifications, challenged the peer feedback in a friendly manner and pointed to the evidence in the narrative in case the students were told to do something that they had already done. This was heartening to see. I loved listening in and felt proud of how students were giving and receiving feedback. 

I provided the students effective feedback too. I told the students to tell me if they thought that the feedback was not accurate or effective.  The students said that the feedforward they received was very helpful.

Students are at this moment responding to both peer and teacher feedback and crafting their sentences and paragraphs to improve their writing. 

On asking if the process we were following was good or needed improvement, the students responded that the process was good but the time given for responding to feedback was less than what they expected. 

I have started working with one student at a time, going through the feedback provided and what the student did as a response. This I think is enabling the students to understand the feedback and respond appropriately. 

I am enjoying this process. I am proud of one student whose narrative is ready for publishing in the magazine Toi Toi.

No comments:

Post a Comment